englishrocksimafreak

Sunday, January 13, 2008

something that took place in school

Last Monday, it was the time for the secondary one trials. Being part of the school's track and field team, I was part of the team holding the trials for throwing. When i reached the P.E. room, I was greeted by a barrage of noise that assaulted my ears like waves upon helpless weeds. I looked on in amusement as my team mates struggled to get the secondary ones to settle down. They shrugged their shoulders when I asked them how long they had been trying. I entered the room and saw a tiny, adorable boy preparing to attempt a standing broad jump. My seniors were towering over him, looking for any potential. He was so terrified he jump a miserly length, he seemed glad to be out of the room when we let him go out.
The next person to enter was more than two worlds apart. A huge, pot-bellied boy with a chubby face entered. The moment he was asked to jump, he began howling with laughter, in mandarin he asked whether we believed he could jump. After calming him down, we got him to jump, a mistake that proved the equivalent of a catalystic earth quake wreaking havoc on our equipment. However, when we got him to throw a rubber version of the shot putt, it was equally destructive but more fufilling. he managed to throw it above ten meters, even breaking the tough rubber ball.
We convinced him to join track and field through a mixture of far-fetched lies and jokes. The proceeding candidates entered and left, only a few making the mark for the short-list. After three exhausting, utterly boring hours, punctuated occasionally by a bold and humorous secondary one who refused to leave the P.E. room, we were finsihed for the day. after experiencing the first day of trials, I was hardly looking forward to two more days of similar chores! However, being the warrior that Victoria has made me, I promised my captain to persevere for the next two days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home